The update of a token is always linked to one of these use cases
- Use token for 1-Click-Payments
- Use token for subscriptions/installments
- Use token for delayed payments/Pay-per-use
The only difference is that new card data are sent along to our platform. Depending on the integration mode for this token linked to the transaction, differences apply:
- Hosted Checkout Page: As we allow your customers to modify any prefilled field on the payment page, using an existing token might result in updating this token
The image above shows the prefilled, editable fields on the Hosted Checkout Page when using an existing token. Only field “Card verification code” is empty, as the card holder needs to provide it.
- Server-to-server: You have to send the credentials to be updated in property cardPaymentMethodSpecificInput.card (which might impact your PCI compliancy level)