OverviewPayment group: Mobile
Payment product id: 302
Apple Pay is Apple’s mobile payment product, which allows consumers an easy and secure way to pay for physical goods and services such as groceries, clothing, tickets and reservations in your iOS apps. By using Touch ID, users can quickly and securely provide their payment.
The consumer adds her/his credit or debit cards to their wallet on their iPhone and adds the payment and shipping information to the Apple Pay wallet. The payment details the consumer enters in the Apple Pay wallet are tokenized and then securely stored. If the consumer clicks the “Buy with Apple Pay” button in the app, the payment can immediately start, since the card with which the consumers wants to pay will be loaded from the Apple Pay wallet.
Our iOS SDK allows you to easily add Apple Pay to your mobile app. We will manage the decryption of the payment data for you. If you want to, you can also choose to decrypt the data yourself and send it over to us to process the payment.
- In countries in which Apple Pay is supported, the option to add a card to the wallet on the device of the consumer will be enabled. The consumer can add her/his payment details as well as shipping and billing address in the app..
- Within an app that supports Apple Pay, the button “Buy with Apple Pay” will appear when the consumer is ready to checkout.
- The card details of the consumer are visible and can be changed upon wish of the consumer. Next to that the total amount is also displayed. The consumer will need to use Touch ID to validate the payment.
- Once the payment is validated it will be sent via the typical purchase flow, so that we can process this payment.
- A frictionless consumer experience using Apple’s native Touch ID
- Easy integration for developers using our iOS SDK
- A secure way of paying as the card data of the consumer is tokenized and the Device PAN (DPAN) is used to process the payment.
- Increase your conversion for in-app payments
- Huge potential in terms of usage, due to the millions of users on iOS devices.
You will need a Developer Account with Apple, as well as a membership in the iOS Developer Program of Apple. Through this account you can obtain your Apple Merchant ID and you can generate your key to decrypt the payment details (either by yourself or us).
Next to that you will need to sign a “Card Not Present” agreement to process card payments in case you have not done that yet.