- Please note that Apple Pay only works on relatively newer consumer devices, so as of iPhone 6 and up as well as of iPad mini 3, iPad Pro 9,7 and iPad Air 2 and up. Apple does provide information on their website with regards to which devices do support Apple Pay.
- You can only use Worldline to offer the purchase of physical goods or services(like taxi services, clothing, airline tickets) via Apple Pay, as described on Apple’s website. Purchases for digital goods (such as in-game items, app content or subscription services) should use In-App purchase as the method of payment.
- On your invoice the transactions for Apple Pay will be aggregated under the card scheme your consumer used. So if a consumer paid using a MasterCard from their Apple Wallet, you will see the transaction being counted under MasterCard.
- Apple Pay is only supported via the iOS SDK
- Once a consumer has added her/his debit and/or credit card to the Apple Pay app, it will be tokenized and get a Device PAN (DPAN) which will be used for payments.
- At the moment we support the following networks through Apple Pay:
Apple Pay card payments can be refunded upon requested to the card used to make the original transaction. The request can be made through the payment console or via an API call. It is also possible for a transaction whilst in the process of being refunded to still be reversed and a chargeback made by the Consumer. The issuing bank will only accept the claim in cases where the refund hasn’t been fully processed.
Refunds can only be accepted if:
- the original transaction was collected through us
- The refund value does not exceed 100% of the value of the original transaction.
- The merchant category code is not 7995 (Betting (including Lottery Tickets), Casino Gaming Chips, Off-Track Betting and Wagers). 7995 refunds can only be made via a bank transfer or, for payouts merchants can request a CFT/OCT account.
A few general rules apply:
- We may reject refund requests if the value of the refund exceeds 100% of the value of the collected transactions.
- Refunds have to be accompanied with the original transaction reference number.
When a partial refund needs to be applied, the lower amount can be send within the API-call or through the payment console. Partial refunds are often used when multiple products/services are bought by the consumer and one of the products or services is returned.
- Recurring payments are not supported
- Payouts are not supported
- AVS and 3D Secure are not needed