To use this payment method, we need to pre-configure your account for you. Please contact us so we can take of this.
Once this is done, you can finalise the configuration of your account.
Before you start processing transactions, set up the payment method in your account:
- Log in to the Back Office. Go to Configuration > Payment methods > Bancontact > PM options.
- Select the available modes on the Hosted Checkout page your customers can choose from:
Mode Description Display QR code? Allow your customers to pay by scanning a QR code as described in Process Flows (step 2b). Display URL intent Allow your customers to pay with the Payconiq by Bancontact app as described in Process Flows (step 2a)
The image shows where to configure the default payment page display in the Back Office
Regardless of your choice, the option to pay with the Bancontact card (as described in Process Flows step 2c) will always be available.
Mobile Tablet Desktop QR code (Process Flows (step 2b) No Yes Yes URL intent (Process Flows (step 2a) Yes Yes No PAN Bancontact card (Process Flows step 2c) No Yes Yes
- Click on “Save” to confirm your choices.
Now you are ready to integrate the payment method into your webshop or mobile app.
You need to process mobile transactions via our HostedCheckout solution. As described in the process flows overview, two scenarios are possible to start the payment:
- Your customers select Bancontact directly in your webshop. Use the code sample from the testing tab for this scenario.
- You preselect the payment method in your webshop environment and redirect your customers to our Bancontact-branded Hosted Checkout payment page. Use the code sample from the testing tab for this scenario.
If necessary, check beforehand via our GET Payment Products API whether this payment method is available on your account.
Redirect customer to webshop / app
After payment completion, redirect your customers back to your webshop or mobile app.
Depending on which way you choose, you have different options/requirements:
Redirection to webshop
Regardless of the used device, you can redirect your customers in two ways:
- To your webshop via your webshop URL (via server-to-server)
For this way, enter your redirection URLs in the Back Office via Configuration > Technical Information > Transaction feedback > eCommerce > HTTP redirection in the browser.
- To the Ingenico Direct Status page (via HostedCheckout only)
For this way, leave the redirection URLs in the Back Office Configuration > Technical Information > Transaction feedback > eCommerce > HTTP redirection in the browser empty.
To help you update your webshop database with the transactions processed, we add identifiers (i.e. payment or hostedcheckoutsessionid) to the URL.
Redirect to your mobile app
For payment processing via your mobile application (mobile / tablet only), take the following into account:
- The complete payment flow follows this pattern:
The image shows the payment flow between the merchant’s app, the Hosted Checkout Page and the customers’ bank app.
- Your app needs to be able to store the identifier of the hosted checkout session when the payment starts. Your customer's bank app uses this identifier for the final redirection to your app.
- When redirecting back to your app, we do not add identifiers (i.e. payment or hostedcheckoutsessionid) to the return URL. It is possible for you to add one of these identifiers with values on your own, as we will pass them through to your mobile app.